Monday, November 15, 2010

♡Glamour Doll Eyes Review♡

So Glamour Doll Eyes was having a massive sale a couple of weeks ago. I decided to go on a little haul since I've been dying to get my hands on some of these pigments!
This is my reaction when I received my order:


I was soooooooooo happy!!! I couldn't contain myself!

Here is what I ordered:



I have a total of 9 different colors. I was very excited to receive these! I will go through each color individually because some of the formulas might be different and also just to give you a more indepth review of the color.

Now for the Swatches:





Stephanie Tower:
1Black Ice - This is a matte black color( to me at least) with very fine silver and white glitter. Its very opaque and very easy to blend with. I personally love this color, but then again I'm very biased when it comes to glittery black colors. I think its because I never find and I actually like or that show up the color very well. This one DOES show up just like it does in the jar. To me this color is what Stately Black from MAC is supposed to be like. This has a great color payoff. 
2 - Island Chic - Is a blueish green color with a hint of very very fine gold glitter in it. I don't think I've ever seen a color like this and I have to admit its becoming one of my favorites. It blends well and it is pretty opaque and has a good color payoff. 
3 - Doll House - A very frost light yellow color. When I first saw this color is was very bright in the jar but once applied it is not that crazy of a yellow. Its a very soft yellow and blends very nice. For being a light yellow it does have a nice color payoff.
4 - Skin of a Killer - A basic frosty white. I love this color!!! Its basic but nice and like all the colors its very build-able so you can make it shear or very opaque. Its a nice color to have in your makeup box :)

Loose Shadows:
5 - Jailhouse Jumpsuit - A very bright satin orange. I love love love this color. It has a great color payoff and blends awesomely. I definite must have for everyone who loves bright colors.
6 - Unicorn - A satin pinky-purple color. This color is pretty shear when first applied but when you build it up it becomes a very nice opaque color, so the payoff isn't totally amazing. I didn't like this color when I first received it but I think I'm slowly warming up to it.
7 - Stiletto - A very nice matte fushia color. Its very bright and its has a nice color payoff. But since its matte it is a little hard to blend...but that just is how matte colors work. They are all a little harder to blend. I like this color though. 
8 - Melancholy - A nice matte/satin bright electric blue color. It reminds me of Electric Eel by MAC. I say its matte/satin because its not very matte but its not very satiny. Its my new favorite color. I honestly didn't think this color would have been my favorite since I never really have given blue eyeshadows a shot...(I just have never really liked them too much)..but all I want to do it just find somewhere to stick this color all the time. I LURV IT. This is a definite have to have in my book.
9 - Tokyo - A matte purple pigment. I was actually kinda disappointed when I received this color. The reason is on the site this looked like a nice dark purple color and when I received it, it was just a matte regular purple color. So that was my fault..but ehh..I don't know it wasn't what I wanted. Its a little hard to blend and has a nice build-able color payoff. I'm still warming up to this color. Its not my favorite. But again its my fault.

Animal Tested??
NOPE! The website states that none of the products are animal tested. Which is a huge YUSSS! from me. I try to stay away from animal tested products as much a possible but its kinda hard to do when you love makeup.

Shipping?
Well, from my experience, I received everything I ordered within 3 days. But from other reviews that I've read and from the owner herself sometimes it doesn't get to you that quickly. She ships everything herself so it is one girl doing EVERYTHING herself. But I from what I've heard she's changing things up and will be fixing her shipping method so she can ship out quickly.

Packaging?
I like the packaging...to a point. I like the jars and I like the towers. I think the towers are great for easy travel. BUT the sticker label -_- knowing me it will be destroyed very soon. It is card-stock paper made into a sticker and placed on top. I believe shes changing this though soo..yeah..The design is super cute though. I like that the name is right on top so I know instantly what I'm picking out of my trunk. I bought mine without a sifter but you can add it to the container once you order them. The towers have them included. The baggies are a little hard to handle but I mean your get a lot for a sample size so it makes me happy.

Prices?
Compared to other makeup companies Glamour Doll Eyes is fairly inexpensive for the amount of product that you receive. Pigments, when used correctly, can last a very long time. All the fullsize pigments or $6USD and all the sample bags or $1.50USD. THANK YOU! A very good deal if you ask me. 

Overall?
I love this company and the products! I would definitely buy from them again and recommend them to everyone. 

I hope you guys enjoyed the review and let me know if you have any questions!
       
<I was not paid or given these for free. These are my own honest opinions>

0 comments:

Post a Comment